Ice B’Gone Magic Salt
Ice B’ Gone Magic
Ice B ‘Gone Magic (aka IBG Magic Granular & IBG Magic Liquid) is a highly effective ice melting product. It is highly effective down to -30°. Snow will “burn off” with no plowing. IBG Magic Granular works faster and lasts longer, saving you up to 30%-50% in salt use. IBG Magic Granular is less corrosive, biodegradable and environmentally friendly. See why everyone is talking about IBG Magic!
What is Ice B’ Gone Magic Granular?
IBG Magic Granular starts out as ordinary rock salt, which is then treated with a liquid, agricultural by-product of the distilling process blended with magnesium chloride. This patented liquid is trademarked as IBG Magic Liquid and dramatically transforms rock salt into a new de-icing material. IBG Magic Granular is safer to use on concrete, is less corrosive, may not harm curbside grassed areas or plants, and continues to melt ice to below -35F° if used as directed. IBG Magic Liquid is a highly effective de-icing agent made from a patented blend of magnesium chloride and condensed distiller solubles. It is non-toxic, bio-degradable and has a corrosion index lower than distilled water. The benefits and results of treating your salt stockpiles or your sand/salt stockpiles with IBG Magic Liquid are amazing!
Features and Benefits of Ice B’ Gone Magic Granular
IBG Magic Granular is regular rock salt that has been treated with the liquid IBG Magic Liquid at a rate of 8 gallons per ton of rock salt. With a simple motorized pump and tank system, IBG Magic Liquid is easily applied to bulk rock salt stockpiles, to transform this corrosive, potentially destructive and inefficient material into IBG Magic Granular. IBG Magic Granular is a highly effective ice melting product which is less corrosive, safe for concrete and brick and environmentally friendly.
Here is a list of Ice B’ Gone Magic Granular features and benefits:
- IBG Magic Granular is economically superior. Because it works better and lasts longer, less IBG Magic Granular is required to displace an equal amount of ice or snow than with any other ice-melter – at any price.
- Rock salt applications are reduced by 30% to 50%
- The need for sand in most circumstances is virtually eliminated.
- IBG Magic Granular works faster and lasts longer at much lower temperatures than ordinary rock salt.
- IBG Magic Granular has a working temperature of -35°F, whereas regular rock salt is ineffective below 18°F. This is a net 53°degree gain in working temperature, similar to calcium chloride, without the adverse effects.
- Because of its residual effect, snow and ice will not bond to the pavement. Black ice is virtually eliminated.
- IBG Magic Granular is less corrosive. Unlike plain rock salt or calcium chloride, independent tests show IBG Magic Granular to be completely less corrosive.
- IBG Magic Granular will not damage steel doors, thresholds, equipment, carpets, flooring or concrete. In fact, it neutralizes rust!
- IBG Magic Granular will not cause concrete to split or any paved surface to degrade in any way.
- Unlike calcium chloride and ordinary rock salt, IBG Magic Granular leaves no visible residue.
- Unlike calcium chloride and ordinary rock salt, IBG Magic Granular is safe for people to handle.
- IBG Magic Granular is environmentally friendly, releasing far less chlorides into the environment than either plain rock salt or calcium chloride.
The picture above is described in the following: Location: Condominium Complex. Ashland, Massachusetts. Date: January 10, 2003 @ 8:00 AM Conditions: Light dusting of snow has fallen. Surface temperature 9° F 1. Contractor uses IBG Magic Granular and did not have to spread any material for De-Icing. The contractor had spread IBG Magic Granular four days prior to a storm. The residual IBG Magic Granular, now on the pavement, reacted with the “dusting of snow”, which melted on contact. 2. The end result – the contactor did his job by providing a safe environment. The possibility of a slip and fall was greatly reduced and the contractor did not even show up. The contractor saved labor, time, and material, and has no sand to clean up in the spring.
Features and Benefits for Snow Removal Contractors
General Usage Use of IBG Magic Granular exclusively (i.e. sand is ordinarily not required or necessary) results in substantial reduction of the volume of material required for de-icing applications.
- Twice as much ordinary rock salt is required to produce the same effects.
- Three times (or more) as much sand/salt (60/40) mix is required to equal IBG Magic Granular.
These major reductions in material volume obviously more than compensate for the premium price IBG Magic Granular commands.
- Bulk IBG Magic Granular prices are typically 30% to 40% more than ordinary rock salt, although only half as much is required.
- Bulk IBG Magic Granular usually costs about twice as much as a decent sand/salt mix, but only one third as much is needed to produce the same effect.
Specific Benefit Examples In addition to these material volume cost advantages, IBG Magic Granular offers distinct benefits to every snow removal contractor, large or small and irregardless of whether services are billed hourly, per visit, or flat rate/seasonal.
- Contractors who bill hourly or per visit will especially benefit by shutting spreader gates to one third normal. Since less material is used, fewer refill trips are required. Fewer refill trips save time and fuel.
- IBG Magic Granular turns brown, which means the customer can see material being applied.
- Flat rate contractors will make fewer visits.
- To apply IBG Magic Granular during snow flurries or light snow events (two inches), set spreader gates to half the opening you usually use. Snow will “burn off” with no plowing. Customers don’t care how you do it or how long it takes, they just want to see clear pavement.
- By eliminating the use of sand, every contractor will realize great savings from reduced spring clean-u costs. In the meantime customers will appreciate the absence of sand tracked into buildings and cars.
- Contractor equipment will last much longer and with less maintenance expense without the extreme corrosiveness of rock salt and frictional damage from sand on chains, bearings, etc.
- IBG Magic Granular will not harm grassed areas or horticulture when applied correctly. Therefore, incidental damage to customer’s property is dramatically reduced.
Summary: Bulk IBG Magic Granular is a cost effective material for every snow removal contractor. It is less corrosive, safe for concrete and brick, and IBG Magic Granular is environmentally friendly. The picture above is described in the following: Location: IBM Micro Chip Plant entrance and commercial parking lot in Poughkeepsie, New York. Date: March 25, 2004 Conditions: Left over sand from repeated sand/salt mix applications. Several clean-ups must now take place to put this area back in shape. 1. The sand needs to be cleaned up in the roadway. 2. Sand needs to be removed from damaged grass areas, which border the curb line. Grass damage needs to be repaired. 3. Notice sand as it is washed into the storm drain. The storm drain will need to be vacuumed out in time as the sand and debris will clog the drain. 4. Notice additional grass damage from sand/salt use. 5. The grass area along the parking lot curb is undamaged because this contractor used IBG Magic Granular and did not have the grass kill that the sand/salt has. Spreader used one season with straight salt/sand
Packaged Ice B’ Gone Magic Granular
IBG Magic Granular is also available in pre-packaged 25 pound bags and 50 pound bags. 25 pound bags are oriented toward the retail market, local hardware stores, builder supply stores, and garden centers. 50 pound bags are much more economical and are targeted toward snow removal contractors. Bags are convenient for use on sidewalks and steps, and other areas not accessible by truck. Bags are relatively easy to transport, inventory and distribute. Because of these features, some contractors rely heavily on bagged products, especially in urban areas. They are shipped in pallet quantities of:
- (96) 25 pound bags and/or
- (49) 50 pound bags
Ice B’Gone Magic Granular is also sold in Bulk. Please give us a call for current pricing.
Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid
IBG Magic Liquid saves money, time and labor. This patented formula may be applied to your salt or ours. IBG Magic Liquid can be sprayed onto regular rock salt, transforming it into IBG Magic Solid, a highly effective ice melting product. By applying IBG Magic Liquid directly onto paved surfaces, ice and snow will not bond, black ice is eliminated, will not degrade or corrode vehicles, and slip and falls are reduced.
What is Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid?
IBG Magic Liquid is a highly effective liquid de-icing agent made from a patented blend of magnesium chloride combined with an agricultural by-product of the distilling process (i.e. grain and/or sugar based) and is protected under U.S. patent #4,676,918. No other liquid ice melter can make this claim. IBG Magic Liquid is non-toxic, bio-degradable and has a corrosion index lower than distilled water. IBG Magic Liquid can be applied directly to paved surfaces in advance of a winter storm, or can be sprayed onto regular rock salt, transforming it into IBG Magic Solid, a highly effective ice melting product. IBG Magic Solid is regular rock salt that has been treated with the liquid IBG Magic Liquid. IBG Magic Solid is safe to use on concrete, is non-corrosive, does not harm curbside grassed areas or plants, and continues to melt ice to below -35F°. The benefits and results of treating your salt stockpiles or your sand/salt stockpiles with IBG Magic Liquid are amazing.
Features and Benefits of Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid
IBG Magic Liquid is a proprietary formula of magnesium chloride combined with an agricultural by-product of the distilling process (i.e. grain and/or sugar based) and is protected under U.S. patent #4,676,918. No other liquid ice melter can make this claim. IBG Magic Liquid can be applied directly to paved surfaces in advance of a winter storm and the following results will occur:
- Black ice is eliminated.
- Because of its residual effect, snow and ice will not bond to paved surfaces.
- It melts faster.
- It works longer.
- It is environmentally friendlier.
- It is less corrosive than distilled water.
- It is DEC approved.
- It is safe for concrete parking structures.
- It even neutralizes rust!
IBG Magic Liquid saves money, time and labor.
Application Methods for Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid
Anti-Icing IBG Magic Liquid is used extensively on the New York State Thruway system and the Garden State Parkway (New Jersey) as an anti-icing agent. IBG Magic Liquid is applied using a spray tank system with a spray bar. There are two types of spray patterns which are used, depending on traffic flow and desired effect. When correctly applied prior to the snow or ice storm event, IBG Magic Liquid prevents snow and ice from bonding to the pavement. Plowing removes all packed snow and ice. Black ice cannot form, as long as there is no major run off. IBG Magic Liquid will not harm vehicles or any type of pavement and is environmentally much friendlier than traditional methods and materials. These significant benefits must be considered only in terms of the substantial commitment to training crews, use of precise temperature monitoring equipment, and careful application. Our tank/spray system easily converts from anti-icing to de-icing. De-Icing Ordinary rock salt is transformed when treated with IBG Magic Liquid. Hard pack and bonded ice are quickly eliminated from paved surfaces. Watch a video of Magic -0 being applied to rock salt. Even though rock salt eventually dissolves in the melting process, the IBG Magic Liquid remains in the pavement surface and will prevent black ice from forming. This will continue until it is diluted by run-off or precipitation. The treatment process is accomplished by pre-treating stockpiles of rock salt or salt/sand or all sand.
- Application Rates: Between 8 gallons/ton for all rock salt and up to 10 gallons/tons for all sand stockpiles. Rates will vary for mixed stockpiles depending on the sand/salt ratio.
- General Procedures: We bring our tank and spray unit to your stockpile. You will provide a loader and operator to turn the stockpile as the IBG Magic Liquid is being applied. This is required to ensure uniform treatment of the entire stockpile.
- Application Time: Estimated 30 minutes for a 25 ton pile (typical tri-axle truckload), start to finish.
The following photographs illustrate the anti-icing and de-icing effects and differences between IBG Magic Granular / IBG Magic Liquid applications with regular salt and salt with sand mixtures. Saving you time, money and labor costs, see why IBG Magic Granular /IBG Magic Liquid are the most efficient snow management products on the market. The picture above is described in the following: Location: Kohl’s Shopping Center, Route 9, Wappingers Falls, New York (Approximately 75 miles North of New York City) Date: January 18, 2001 Conditions: Two days after a 5” snow storm. Remarks: Kohl’s took over the defunct Caldor’s chain in the summer of 2000. As the part of the remodeling project the entire parking lot was resealed and restriped. Snow removal contractor at this site uses traditional sand and salt applications. 1. Notice the amount of sand remaining in the parking areas. No stripes or lines are visible. Sand will remain until removed in the spring. 2. The purpose of sand is to provide traction. However, cars traveling on the access roads have pushed the sand onto the curbside and into the corners. Therefore the heaviest traffic areas have little or no sand – where traction is needed most! 3. Route 9 is maintained by New York State DOT, which uses rock salt treated with liquid IBG Magic Liquid. Notice that the lane markers are clearly visible. 4. Town roads (upper picture) and other parking areas are all treated with typical salt/sand, all except the lower right hand parking area. The picture above is described in the following: Location: Post Road Plaza, Route 9, Poughkeepsie, New York Date: January 18, 2001 Conditions: Two days after a 5-inch snowstorm. Remarks: Parking lot was re-striped in the spring of 1996. The snow removal contractor at this site uses a combination of direct liquid application of IBG Magic Liquid on the access and ring roads, and treated bulk IBG Magic Granular on the parking areas. No sand whatsoever is used at this site. 1. Car traffic carries IBG Magic Liquid around the site and even onto the adjoining road. 2. IBG Magic Granular (bulk rock salt treated with IBG Magic Liquid) is used in the Post Road Plaza parking areas. Note: This is a four seasons account. Spring clean-up costs are drastically reduced.) 3. At the left of the picture, this property uses a different snow removal contractor. the center of the picture, this property also uses a different snow removal contractor. Notice how local traffic tracks IBG Magic Liquid on to this property. Location: Residential Street, Boston, MA suburbs Date: February 18, 2003 Remarks: Snow contactor applying IBG Magic during a storm. A 200 gallon portable spray tank system is mounted into the back of a ¾ ton pickup with a spray bar for roadway applications. Pre-Wetting IBG Magic Liquid is an effective on-board pre-wetting agent for rock salt or salt/sand or all sand. It is safer on concrete than traditional Ice Melters, and reduces damage to curbside grassed areas or plants, and continues to melt ice to below -35F.
- Application Rates: Varies depending on your system and requires some experimentation to properly monitor applications.
- General Procedures: IBG Magic Liquid can be used in any on-board system. However, because of its viscosity, all filters and screens must be removed from your system; otherwise clogging may occur. It is completely safe to handle and unlike typical on-board liquid chemicals, it will not corrode or degrade mechanical or electrical components on your vehicle or equipment.
The picture above is described in the following: Location: Residential Street, Boston, MA suburbs Date: February 18, 2003 Conditions: ½ inch of snow has fallen with another 2 inches forecasted. IBG Magic Liquid has been applied which keeps the snow from bonding to the pavement. Remarks: The IBG Magic Liquid is starting to “travel” which is evident at the top right of area sprayed. The IBG Magic Liquid is starting to travel to the right beyond the sprayed area. This travel is why the volume needed to cover area is minimal in both cost and material. The contractor uses only a few gallons as opposed to a few tons of salt. 1 gallon of IBG Magic will cover 1000 to 2000 sq. ft. depending on weather. Available for Distribution IBG Magic Liquid is available for purchase in several different ways. Pre-Treating of Stockpiles: Our spray tank unit comes to you. You provide loader and operator. Bulk: IBG Magic Liquid is most economically shipped in semi-trailer tankers (4500 gallons), although smaller quantities are also available. We deliver to your tank.
Material Safety Data Sheet Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid
Click here to download a Material Safety Data Sheet. To view the material Safety Data Sheet, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader. The picture above is described in the following: Location: Condominium Complex. Ashland, Massachusetts. Date: January 10, 2003 9:00 AM Conditions: Light dusting of snow has fallen. Surface temperature 10° F. Snow contractor has applied sand/salt mix. 1. Due to the cold temperature the sand/salt mix has little or no effect on this dusting of snow. Notice the cars to the left and the dumpster area. The sun is shining on these areas and still no melting is evident. 2. The possibility of a slip and fall is very high as people start to walk to their vehicles. 3. The contractor did his job by spreading sand/salt mix. The contractor will bill his customer for this application of material which did not produce favorable results. 4. The sand will be an added expense to clean up in the spring.